Alice has been teaching yoga since 2016 and is an accredited yoga teacher and yoga therapist, with over 900 hours of training. Alice was initially drawn to the physicality of yoga, which allowed her to develop a deeper connection to her body. She soon discovered the joys of yoga beyond asana (posture) and recognises that pranayama (breath work), meditation, and yoga nidra (yogic sleep / relaxation) have played a huge role in her management of arthritis and anxiety. Through reflective practices and the exploration and study of yogic philosophy, Alice has developed a deeper understanding of herself and the world around her.
Alice believes yoga is for everybody and has learnt to adapt the practice to the individual, even within a group setting. Alice’s teachings are inclusive and trauma informed, reflected through her use of permissive language, props, options and variations. Alice always aims to share a variety of yogic tools and practices that are informed by yogic philosophy and western science. She encourages her students to work mindfully on the mat, as well as empowering her students to take agency over their own body and practice.
Alice also holds a BTEC Level 5 diploma in Sport Massage & Remedial Soft Tissue Therapy, a certification in Myofasical Dry Cupping, and is a registered member of the Sports Massage Association. She has expanded her knowledge of the human body through intensive study of anatomy and physiology, and has acquired hands on skills and experience in working with injuries within a physical rehabilitation setting.
Alongside this, Alice is currently training in Counselling Skills where she is developing her skills in active and compassionate listening, so that she is best able to support her clients and students through challenging life experiences.
Join Alice in one of her in-person classes in Bristol, or online. You can also book in for a 1-2-1 yoga therapy session to address a specific issue, which can be arranged in-person or online.
Qualifications to date:
- 200 hours - Yoga Teacher Training with Yoga London, lead by Holly Warren (Nov 2016)
- CPD 90 hours - Yin Yoga with Norman Blair (Nov 2017 & Apr 2018)
- CPD 35 hours - Vinyasa Flow with Mimi Kuo-Deemer (Jul 2018)
- CPD 35 hours - Sound Healing with Anne Malone (Mar 2020)
- CPD 21 hours - Yoga Biomechanics and the science of stretching with Jules Mitchell (Mar 2020)
- 550+ hours - Yoga Therapy Diploma with Yoga Campus, accredited by the British Council of Yoga Therapy & registered with the Complementary & Natural Health Care Council (Sep 2020)
- CPD 30 hours - Yoga Nidra Training with Melanie Cooper (Jan 2022)
- CPD 16 hours - Trauma Informed Community Yoga with BYRP (Nov 2023)
- BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Sport Massage & Soft Tissue Therapy with NLSSM (Aug 2021)
- CPD Dry Cupping with Core Elements (Mar 2023)
- Registered member of the Sports Massage Association
- Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills with City of Bristol College (Due to complete in Jun 2024)